Sunday, January 16, 2005

escaped!

I am a livejournal escapee, one whose life has changed but wishes to keep writing!

Since I began blogging two and a half years ago, I've gotten married, my mother has died, I've finished grad school, and I have precious little to write about by my earlier standards. No more moping about singlehood, term papers, medical updates - I have slid into a new life, for better or worse, of culinary exploits, chronic musical stagnancy, domestic bliss and living for the first time with someone I love, but is a non-blood relative. Did I mention that I love him? Do I ever.

My current livejournal audience barely responds to my current life, but I certainly can't alter it to entertain those people. This is who I am. I am no great thinker, though I should have been, and I will save that for another day. I am a professional musician, a cookbook addict, a compulsive shopper, a Christian but no theologian, a nature lover and a nostalgia buff. Here shall I wallow.

Why Abendmusik? Evening and music belong together, and give me peace and joy. The light of evening warms and hides me at once, and compels me to write about what pleases me.