Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I guess some joy woudn't kill me.

In my last post, I whined about things that make me more upset than they should, because they're history and it's time to move on.

I will now counter that with a list of seven things that make me a hell of a lot happier than they should:

1. Loverboy
2. Puritan beef stew in a can
3. Finding an open, half-full can of Coke in the fridge at lunchtime
4. Blue eyeshadow, applied prudently
5. Celine Dion perfume
6. Squirrels
7. Star Wars III, Revenge of the Bad Actors Sith


Here's one thing that made me exactly as happy as it should have, maybe even happier: Kobe beef burgers, served up at Murphy's Law, a local pub. Well, the fine print reveals that it's "Kobe-style beef-cattle being raised in Canada using the same techniques" as the real thing, hence the price tag of $14.95 for a burger with fries and slaw, not $300/lb. But my Good God, it tasted so. completely. amazing.

There - see? I'm not a total grump. Now piss off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home