Thursday, October 27, 2005

house pr0n revisited

My favourite house-fluffer show opens tonight, and I will be there tomorrow with bells on, wallet open, and visions of getting my Christmas shopping the hell over with dancing in my head.

Last year everyone got handmade pottery coffee mugs and paté dishes that I bought at the show. This year? Ceramic chickens! Or not.

One of the great perks of being an underemployed musician is being able to shop on weekdays and skip the crowds. Not that we can afford to buy anything. But I can drool at the guest chefs' creations in the Country Kitchen.

This comes just in time. I need to see the real goods and get my head out of magazines, which are over saturating my life, brain and every flat surface in my apartment. Too many ideas make me nauseous.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Gill? Hi, it's Kathleen from grade school/Guides/high school. Found your blog from a link on Kelly's blog and just thought I'd say hi!

(I say go for the ceramic chickens. C'mon, they're the *height* of fashionable. After all, you can't have 'chicken' without 'chic'. ;) )

November 10, 2005 8:58 PM  
Blogger Mrs. M. said...

If they had ceramic baby trees, I'd have been all over them.

Wow!

I'd just been thinking about you, and delighted that you still have a web presence (like you wouldn't!), even if you are another one of those damn knitters. ;)

November 11, 2005 9:56 AM  
Anonymous kelly said...

hey! be careful or we'll come after you with our sticks and skeins :P

we should all go for coffee sometime soon, whatcha think?

November 11, 2005 12:13 PM  
Blogger Mrs. M. said...

Sounds like a plan!

::runs from needle-wielding hordes::

November 11, 2005 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home