Sunday, December 18, 2005

Reflections on a slow season

Concerts: done.
Christmas cards: done
Me: done

It was a lighter-than-usual concert season. I didn't make as much money as I would have liked, but kept my sanity instead and was able to remain fairly ungrumpy. Life's short, and there's much to do, but taking on too much can make one self-destruct emotionally and physically or treat others poorly. At least that's the case with me, as I have learned in times of great stress. I'd rather tread lightly and appreciate a few things deeply than stretch myself to snapping point to take everything in, as I have done in Christmases past.

So, I'm tired, but it's a good tired, not a brink-of-throwing-up tired. I'll sleep tonight.

I was even able to chill and enjoy my annual gig with the Bad Swedish Choir tonight. They are always so grateful for my participation in their Bad Concert each year that I can't help but warm up to the experience. I even had a wee bit o' Glögg at the reception, just for the taste. It was stronger than I remembered, so I had to lay off like a good pregnant lady. However, I did chow down on a vile Lucia bun that tasted like play-doh. I have one every year, and knew just how bad it would be, but wanted to remind myself anyway. I ate the whhhollle thing.

Some things never change. I'm glad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home