Wednesday, December 28, 2005

ugh.

I'll blog more soon, I promise. Just as soon as I'm not sick anymore. I had a sore throat for five straight agonizing days, right over Christmas, and it has morphed into Sinusitis From Hell. Most of the lovely drugs I'd be inclined to take right now are off-limits because I'm preggers.

My husband's family is HUGE. At his mother's Christmas gathering this year there were 19 people; next year, thanks to the reproductive efforts of not only DH and me, but my sister-in-law and her husband (just seven weeks behind us!), there will be 21. I'm trusting that motherhood will make me a much more adaptable in crowds, and more hippy-dippy-happy-roll-with-it-nothing-can-bother-me in general.

Right now, I can't taste a thing, so there's no point in waxing on about foodstuffs or describing all the good eatin' I've been doing. Conversely, I had pizza that I couldn't taste but felt like greased leather for dinner tonight, chased by a bowl of nude lettuce (why bother with salad dressing when you can't taste anything?) and a celery stick because I need the nutrition badly.

Maybe it's congestion-related oxygen deprivation, or being knocked up and all about nesting, or reading all these damn knitting blogs, or all of the above, but I think I might like to learn how to knit. Might. You read it here first, and I may never say it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

[evil laugh]

Okay, backing off now. :)

December 29, 2005 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home