Saturday, January 14, 2006

I'm getting my husband back!

This is a very happy day for us. It's my husband's last day at his life-sucking bank job. In about two hours, I will drive downtown and help him clean out his desk.

He has been working seven days a week since September, because he's at Teacher's College full-time, Monday to Friday, and has been working at the bank all weekend. He's stressed and tired, but he's been far more good-natured about all if it than I ever would have been. I commend him and am grateful; he didn't have to stay there as long as he did, but he stuck it out long enough to receive his final bonus, which will help us get through the next few months, and he put in enough part-time hours each week to allow us to keep full-time medical benefits until now.

Now we'll live off our savings and my so-called income, and use the University's benefits to see us through until summer's end. We will be fine, but his sacrifice until now is one of the main reasons for that.

The timing is perfect; he will be finished school about three weeks before our baby is due, and have much of the summer off, so he can do all sorts of Dad stuff. In the meantime, he will at least have weekends. Finally. That should make a difference to his stress level, give him more time to complete assignments, and allow us to spend more time with family and with each other.

I'm a little weepy. Damn allergies.

Anyway, I'm proud of you, sweetie. I'm grateful to you, and I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home