Friday, January 20, 2006

My internet's back, and there's gonna be laundry.

I'm back. Being internet-less was a good thing, because I turned into a domestic goddess for two days; I cleaned, I cooked, I did laundry, and I practised (hardly the domain of a domestic goddess, but highly necessary nonetheless).

Tonight we had cauliflower soup from a Canadian Living cookbook. I have yet to go wrong with any of their recipes, and one needn't be a superfreakculinarygenius to pull them off. I also made a simple baked salmon from a Pointe au Baril community cookbook I got last summer, and it was all good.

Slowly but surely, I am getting my lazy arse back into cooking. Not sure where I fell off that wagon, but nutrition is so important to my pregnant self right now that it's crucial that I cook more. I need to fluff up my basic repertoire, using whatever recipes necessary, because I'm not yet a trustworthy scratch cook.

Mom: I love you, and I miss you, but why did you never teach me how to cook? Never mind; she was the queen of frozen fish sticks, and baked them with love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home