Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Netless. Argh.

Our modem has died. It will taks Bell a few painful days of diagnostics to un-dead it. So now I'm doing what I hate, blogging in a public library.

I feel like my arm has been cut off. I can't count the number of times during the day that I thought, "Well, I'll just check that on the internet," only to remember that I was back in the 20th century.

It might be the best thing to happen to me in a while, though. Our apartment is clean, and I can practise without succumbing to the itch to research diapers (yes, it has come to that) or Filofaxes (Filofeces?), all because I can't check Epinions, Amazon, eBay, Bloglines or LJ obsessively.

I did get a Filofax, by the way. It is the most beautiful one ever - the Pocket Cavendish in burgundy. I got it on sale, as it was discontinued, and I got the warm squidgy feeling of supporting a local business by buying it in a brick-and-mortar shop that specializes in organizers, pens, and nothing else.

Ta for now. Back to my webless abode I go. I guess I'll have to talk to old Whatshisname. :-P

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

bahwhatthehell is a filofax????

January 19, 2006 10:17 PM  
Blogger Mrs. M. said...

An overpriced day planner, and my answer to the PDA until my next obsession materializes!

January 20, 2006 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home