Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Have shopping list, will sleep.

My super husband has determined that he would like to cook dinner for the rest of the week and train himself to pull off a good rep of reliable dinners once the Kid's born. Today I therefore purchased dearest Rachael's Express Lane Meals, which looks like it will be wildly useful to us, despite the mixed reviews. The book is already singing my song; Part I is titled "Meals for the Exhausted". I look forward to the results. Not the exhaustion.

I don't think I have had a single flop with any of her recipes. Though once an aspiring foodie who eschewed convenience cooking and would never admit to liking RR, I am now much more interested in results than in process, and bow to Rachael.

It's not the most frugal approach to cooking, but damn, does it ever work for our apartment-bound family. When we have a house with a yard and a BBQ and a vegetable patch, or a handy porch to facilitate organic delivery, it might be another story.

That being said, I do look forward to haunting some farmers' markets this summer. Fresh local veggies are worth the trip.

Also worth the trip: the car seat installation joint in Leaside. We're ready to roll.

I've been washing newborn clothes and diaper wraps all week. It's real, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home