Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ready! Except for the clutter, filth and nausea.


It's the last biggish cleaning day for now. I need to clear out the living room and dining room, because it occurs to me that people will want to visit after the baby arrives. Duh. My mother in-law and sister in-law have never seen our apartment in the entire time we have lived here. Why? Because we (I) have SO MUCH STUFF, mostly beloved and inherited from my mother and grandparents, and finding a place to put it all is next to IMPOSSIBLE and cleaning the place up for company takes HOURS AND HOURS and is very very very STRESSFUL FOR ME, especially when said inlaws live in spacious, clean homes with ample storage space and no clutter. I can't WAIT until we have a house with room for everything. Until then, having just about ANYONE over to our place, which is encrusted in cat hair and filth at the best of times because I can't get at most of the surfaces, makes me feel ill, so I rarely entertain, if ever.

There. Seen enough capital letters this morning? YOU HAVE NOW.

Whew. That feels better.

Other things are ready, so it's not all bad.

Baby's "room": check. (Well, one wall in the music/computer room with crib we'll rarely use and old desk whose shelves are crammed with an overabundance of baby clothes because folks keep giving them to us even though I thought we had said we didn't need any).

Car seat installed and inspected: check.

Baby clothes washed: check.

Diapers ready: check.

Hospital bags packed: check.

Feeling of overwhelmedness bordering on nausea at the enormity of it all: check.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

I can't think of anything to offer you at this point except hugs. :)

June 07, 2006 10:20 AM  
Blogger Mrs. M. said...

I'll take 'em. Thanks! :) :)

June 07, 2006 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home