Friday, June 09, 2006

World's Worst Mother-In-Waiting?


The pregnancy/new baby weblogs I've been following are beginning to frighten me. After reading them of late, I won't be surprised if the first few weeks after the birth see me a weepy, sleep-deprived mess with chafed nipples and a strong urge to defenestrate my son. I've warned B that it could happen, and that it won't be pretty, and assured him that it will pass.

There's no point in telling me it might not happen. I'd rather keep my hopes way, way down and then be pleasantly surprised if I DON'T feel like the worst mother in history.

For the past few months, I have felt more peaceful and full of love than at any other time in the past few years. I'll miss that, but do my best to remember the feeling so I can lead my mind gently back to that place after the birth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home