Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Babies, basil, baseball, blobdom.


Dear coffee: I love you.

Pardon the sporadic updates. My life has been hit by a baby bomb. When the darling infant stops nursing long enough for me to do anything, I do a snatch of housework - dishes, taking down the recycling, washing poop-stained onesies, etc. Speaking of which, how does one get poop stains out of onesies easily without using stinky stain remover? Ah, my life. Nice to see it's boiled down to the Big Life Questions.

I have been watching an uncharacteristically large amount of TV, now that I'm in constant nursing mode. Now that the World Cup is over, it's all out the baseball and the Food Network. I saw Giada de Laurentiis make deep-fried mozzarella grilled cheese sandwiches twice, and figured I could do that myself without consulting the recipe. It was a mess, and I forgot the salt so it was as bland as, well, a really bland thing, but I can work with it and improve it. I also used basil from the balcony, and that always pleases me!

When Italy won the World Cup, I made spaghetti with meat sauce from a United Way fundraiser cookbook put out by North York Public Health a million moons ago. My meat sauce is getting better each time I make it - yea, verily, I dream about it by day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home