Thursday, October 19, 2006

Beefs.


Last night, as I drove to choir, I felt as though I was the only one in the city who knew how to drive. Others were dithering, tailgating, speeding, and being stupid

My biggest longstanding beef about city driving concerns folks who pass vehicles that are stopped at a crosswalk. In the past few months, I have been passed by more vehicles than I can count while I’ve stopped to let a pedestrian cross.

Note to bleedin’ eejits who do that: That’s illegal and it kills people.

Note to sleepy UofT undergrads: Those cobbled sections of St. George Street are decorative. They are not crosswalks. I know you’re sleepy, and I won’t run you over, but still. Wake up.

Note to people who honk at drivers who are waiting for pedestrians to cross before making a right hand turn: Hello. I’m not going to run anyone over just because you’re antsy. Get over it.

Note to oncoming drivers on residential side streets with parked cars and traffic calmers: Slow the hell down and drive close to the edge of the road, not right down the middle of it. Your children play on these streets, and you’re playing chicken? I swear, some people drive like they’re issuing a dare.

Speaking of dares, Note to kids who skateboard slowwwly down the road in front of a moving vehicle: Move it! No, I won’t run you over, but you are taking advantage of my good nature. Show some respect, you little bugger.

Whee! That felt good.

More coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home